Highway Hooligan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Highway Hooligan

A forum for the customers, dealers and distributors of Highway Hooligan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

250cc Houlie Custom

Go down 
+12
spicolli
WCHK
Steelbilly
CotJocky
madcap
zeropoint
jasonswllw
moonshinedeluxe
STR8G
alliancemetalart
rick
Admin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 am

Haha, you're right, it is Friday. We'll have to see what Dustin has sketched up, the little bastid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.highwayhooligan.com
CotJocky
Lint Licker
CotJocky

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:27 am

Admin wrote:
Yes, it is true. I do have a 250cc bike coming out. At this moment, the only details I can give you are:

- 250cc V-Twin with a 4 speed.
- Hand clutch, foot shift.
- Mikuni carburetor.
- Softail frame.
- All steel gas tank & fenders.
- Telescopic front end.
- Will come with an MSO

Sounds great! Will there be multiple options for the buyer? Paint schemes, apes or drags, etc...?

Admin wrote:
I'll have a conceptual rendering by the end of this week.

Rick, it is a 5 speed.

I can't fokken wait to see it! :-)

Admin wrote:
moonshinedeluxe wrote:
As far as conceptual design goes, where are you at? Frame done? We're diggin' for details! clown

What we have going right now is a design. Our next step is to find the right manufacturer for the job. It has to be someone we can rely on for quality, production and dedication.

Once we find the manufacturer, they'll be responsible for creating what we call, "Chassis Under Power." This means, we would receive the bike without the tank, fenders, handlebars, controls, mirrors, seat, pipes, lights, wiring and other various small parts.

Once we receive the Chassis Under Power, we would take control of the assembly and add our base parts and our upgrade parts. After approx. 8 hours of assembly, the bike would be crated and shipped to the dealer, along with the MSO. THE DEALER WILL HAVE THE MSO AT THE TIME THE BIKE ARRIVES TO THE DEALER.

So are you going to look for a manufacturer over seas or will this be a total USA build? I assume a USA build would be alot more expensive.

Getting the MSO with the bike will be awesome!!!

Do you have any kind of rough guesstimate of what cost will be, not a price to hold you to, just a guesstimate? $4K, $5K, $6K, etc...?

Whoops! Missed that whole 2nd page. I gotta get use to this board. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:26 am

Right now we're considering what to do about paint options. I would like to set the bar high and offer an awesome paint scheme, but we'll have to see how the price comes out in the end. My over all goal is to shoot for a retail price right at $3,999.99.

However, that may not happen for a couple of years. I know for sure the bike will not cost anything more than $4200.00
Back to top Go down
Steelbilly
Cootie Queen

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 am

Sounds like this could be a sweet bike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelespowersports.com
jasonswllw
Lint Licker
jasonswllw

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 4:53 pm

pics please.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Ok, since Dustin went out drinking last night instead of finishing the rendering, I found the closest match of what we're trying to achieve. The Hooligan Custom is going to have a Cole Foster bobber tank, a little bit longer rear fender and a front fender. Look at the bike pictured and imagine it with a front fender and a 250.

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Fosterbike

What do you think.... drag bars or short apes.... like 8". I'm torn...
Back to top Go down
jasonswllw
Lint Licker
jasonswllw

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:08 pm

you r the man.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 pm

jasonswllw wrote:
you r the man.

Ya dig?

The rendering will speak for itself tho.
Back to top Go down
jasonswllw
Lint Licker
jasonswllw

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 pm

ya itll be cool.
Back to top Go down
CotJocky
Lint Licker
CotJocky

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Admin wrote:
Right now we're considering what to do about paint options. I would like to set the bar high and offer an awesome paint scheme, but we'll have to see how the price comes out in the end. My over all goal is to shoot for a retail price right at $3,999.99.

However, that may not happen for a couple of years. I know for sure the bike will not cost anything more than $4200.00

That's right there with the pag bobber, so if it's not more than $4,200, I don't think anyone can bitch. Wink

Admin wrote:
Ok, since Dustin went out drinking last night instead of finishing the rendering, I found the closest match of what we're trying to achieve. The Hooligan Custom is going to have a Cole Foster bobber tank, a little bit longer rear fender and a front fender. Look at the bike pictured and imagine it with a front fender and a 250.

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Fosterbike

What do you think.... drag bars or short apes.... like 8". I'm torn...

I'm not crazy about it. Just my opinion. It's too low slung, front end is really short bringing the bike to a parallel stance. I like a little rise in the front. That stance with the drag bars gives that humped over "sport bike" feel which I despise. Last thing I want to do is lean forward on my bike. I want to lean back and let the bars come to me. It also has mid mount foot pegs, blah. I like forward controls.

I don't know, sorry Houlie but that bike doesn't speak to me. Sad

If anything, I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
jasonswllw
Lint Licker
jasonswllw

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:36 pm

i would defitnitly put apes on if i got one
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Thats not the exact bike. It will sit up higher in the front, it will have that typical San Fran chopper stance. It will have forwards.

I used that picture because it has the same tank we're using, it is softail and it pretty much has that low slung look we're after. Wait until you see the actual rendering before you deceide.
Back to top Go down
jasonswllw
Lint Licker
jasonswllw

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:40 pm

it dont matter ill still put apes on.

the cootie queen?
Back to top Go down
WCHK
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
WCHK

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:30 pm

The HK doesn't have the Federal DOT stickers. The only way I got mine registered was as an owner assembled bike. If your 250 is going to be fully assembled is it going through the feds so we can have them street legal?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:41 pm

It is DOT approved and comes with a MSO.
Back to top Go down
spicolli
Donkey Door Checker
spicolli

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:43 pm

no jockey shift Sad im a jockey shift type guy may need to figure somting out..
Back to top Go down
spicolli
Donkey Door Checker
spicolli

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:45 pm

oh shit i love the avatar!!!!! thanks .. that bike does look nice Shocked
Back to top Go down
STR8G
Cootie Queen
STR8G

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:51 am

Not my style but at least it will look better than a Pag bike... Wink
Back to top Go down
moonshinedeluxe
Cootie Queen
moonshinedeluxe

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:56 pm

I can't wait to see what yours looks like!

As far as bars, 12 or 14" apes would be way better than 8. Drag bars look good too.
Back to top Go down
MikeinNY
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins

PostSubject: 250 cc hooligan bike   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Hooli
Can't wait to see your bike now im glade I waited and did not by a kikker.
Back to top Go down
CotJocky
Lint Licker
CotJocky

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:40 am

Admin wrote:
Thats not the exact bike. It will sit up higher in the front, it will have that typical San Fran chopper stance. It will have forwards.

I used that picture because it has the same tank we're using, it is softail and it pretty much has that low slung look we're after. Wait until you see the actual rendering before you deceide.

I'm real interested in seeing a good final concept of the bike. The San Francisco Chopper Stance is a must IMO. Forward controls too.

The tank looks ok, I'd just have to see it on the right bike to be able to pass final judgement.

I haven't ruled out your bike, I don't jump that quick, I'm just saying I didn't did that pic you put up. Wink

spicolli wrote:
no jockey shift Sad im a jockey shift type guy may need to figure somting out..

I hear ya Spicolli. As a fellow knocker, most of us love our jockey shifts. Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 am

Here is the latest low-down:

Dustin is out. We couldn't come to terms on his drawings and my idea's. I couldn't get him to do what I wanted him to do, which isn't his fault, it's not his background. Dustin is a great artist, just doesn't have a lot of motorcycle experience, so when I say the risers need to be a little taller, he's like, "WTF are risers?"

So, I'm trying out this new guy. We'll see how he does. In the meantime, I am drawing the bike myself. I suck at drawing, but hopefully my high school art class will pay off.
Back to top Go down
moonshinedeluxe
Cootie Queen
moonshinedeluxe

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:15 am

Word.

Hope the new dude gets it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm

moonshinedeluxe wrote:
Word.

Hope the new dude gets it.

At least the new guy rides. He's from the furniture industry, but he's been riding for more than 20 years. He brought me some of his drawings of the choppers and sport bikes he owned over the years. They guy draws like Chip Foose, so I can't pay him in beer. Gotta actually lay the cash out this time.
Back to top Go down
CotJocky
Lint Licker
CotJocky

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Now I know the bike will have to be "cost efficent" to keep the price down and for a profit to be involved so I'm not saying to the exact "T", but here's a bike I saw for sell on ebay awhile back and I liked it.

The "6 Over" front end maybe a little much.

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Bf9312ib1

This is more like what I was hoping for in the "Houlie".

Here's a softail "bobber" that I found to be pretty cool.

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Tonystblk1sg4

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Tonystblk9is5

250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Tonystblk14sw2

I got alot of photos of that bike if you want to see more of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 250cc Houlie Custom   250cc Houlie Custom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

250cc Houlie Custom
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next